Skip to main content

Unfailing Faith


Growing up, I did not really have much that I could believe in. I was dealing with my mental illnesses, being bullied, and was lost in my food addiction and unhappiness. My grandmother, God bless her soul, was relentless in showing God's love for me. Even when her health was deteriorating, she had unfailing faith in God. She was like Job, no matter what was thrown at her, she never turned her back on God. She wanted to show me that God loved me. I did not listen.

When I was in my 20's, I tried going back to Church, and giving God a try, but, was shunned by the Church my family used to frequent, because I was born out of wedlock. An associate Pastor's wife said that I had evil in me, and wanted to perform a ritual on me to rid me of evil. I bolted right out of there and never looked back. What kind of person would say that to a lost soul? I know I've made mistakes in my life, but, to say there was evil in me, how is that going to help me?
After that, I did what I usually did when rejected, I rebelled. I blamed God for giving me a hard life.

I am in my 30's now, and I have been learning a lot of lessons about faith. I grew up knowing about God. I was taught the Bible. I knew it pretty well, but, did not listen to its message. I was stubborn.
I have been working on my relationship with God for the past several months, trying to make sense of everything. Even now, when things are pretty rough, I know God still loves me. God is here with me. He may not be taking my troubles away, but, He is walking through it with me. I am meant to go through this hard time. I am meant to rely on Him for guidance through this.
God knows my strength, and He would not throw these hard times at me, if He knew I could not go through it. In a way, it's His way of showing me how strong I really am, it's sort of a gift. I know what you're thinking, it's a pretty sucky gift, but, I know I am going to be okay.
I have dealt with so much in my 30 years of life. So much that many people cannot comprehend.

Looking back, I know God would not have thrown these experiences at me, if I could not get through them. He has always been there for me, despite my mistakes. He is always there for you as well. You may not believe it, but, it's true. You may not believe, and that's okay. I'm not going to force you or judge you. People have to decide for themselves. I had to decide for myself. Forcing someone to believe in something or someone does not make the faith look glamorous. It makes it look like a scary cult, especially when people pass judgments on others without knowing the person and their story. I have a friend who is transgendered, and while the Bible is clear about that, I love this friend. This friend is probably the strongest and most loving person I have ever met. I don't judge her lifestyle, nor will I ever judge her lifestyle. Just like I am God's child, she is God's child too, which makes us sisters. One thing I have learned recently, you DON'T turn your back on family, no matter how they live their life, or what their situation is.
I will keep growing in my faith in God, because I know He is good. I want to show God's love, and NOT pass judgment on my brothers and sisters. I will stick up for those that are judged for their lifestyle.

Life may throw me curve balls, but, I know I am safe in the palm of God's hands.

(photo courtesy of: http://holyprotection.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/footprintsinthesandnofoilframed1a1.jpg

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrities who have Celiac Disease

 Getting diagnosed with Celiac Disease can be pretty tough (believe me, I remember how hard it was for me). You may be the first among your family and/or friends that has been diagnosed as Celiac. It can be lonely (even though my grandmother had it, and I was partially raised by her, she had been gone for a few years when I was diagnosed. I had no one). What gave me some comfort was that I was not alone. Some of the celebrities I look up to were also Celiac Disease sufferers. People like Elizabeth Hasselbeck and Emmy Rossum had been living with the disease for years before I was diagnosed. I researched both and learned a lot from them. Also, learning that my first celeb crush has 2 Celiacs in his family really helped me feel less alone. Here is a list of celebs who have diagnosed Celiac Disease: Elizabeth Hasselbeck (public figure) Emmy Rossum (actress) Wil Wheaton's mom and sister Meg Cabot (author) Sarah Joy Brown (actress) Joe C (rapper who frequently performed with

South Park's Gluten-Free Ebola Episode

photo credit: southparkdigital Greetings Celiac Warriors! Recently, South Park did a gluten free episode that got a lot of attention in the gluten free and Celiac communities. For the most part, the reaction has been positive. Many folks, including myself, found it hilarious. You may be wondering what the episode was about. I'm going to give you the cliff notes version: The episode starts off with the kids returning to school after their start up company fails. Then the show cuts to the teachers lounge where the teachers are discussing Mr. Mackey who has gone gluten free. Mr. Mackey comes back and starts blaming all the world's problems on gluten. A co-worker becomes annoyed by all the gluten free talk and starts screaming at Mr. Mackey to shut up. Mackey states that behavior problems are due to gluten consumption. A female teacher expresses interest in going gluten free. Later on, the boys are on the radio promoting an "epic" party. Callers ask the boys i

Celiac Women At a Decreased Risk for Hormone-Related Cancers.

When it comes to Celiac Disease, there really are not many benefits to the disease. However, research has shown that women, who have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease, are at a lower risk for hormone-related cancers, which include Endometrial, Breast, and Ovarian Cancers. Women with Celiac Disease are 15% less likely to develop Breast Cancer, 40% less likely to develop Endometrial Cancer, and 11% less like to develop Ovarian Cancer. Researchers believe that this is due to a decreased level of female hormones that promote reproductive Cancers. Sources: http://thesavvyceliac.com/2012/09/22/celiac-may-reduce-breast-cancer-in-women/ http://www.celiac.com/articles/23048/1/Women-With-Celiac-Disease-At-Lower-Risk-for-Hormone-Related-Cancers/Page1.html (photo courtesy of: http://uvahealth.com/services/digestive-health-1/images-and-docs/landing_page_main_digestive2.jpg/image_large )