Skip to main content

Why I Love Betty Crocker


 I have always loved Betty Crocker. I remember looking for recipes in my grandmother's Betty Crocker cookbook, and baking with her. The recipes were easy, and delicious. When I was diagnosed with Celiac disease, I did not think I would ever be able to have delicious baked goodies again.

It was not until last year, when I found out that Betty Crocker had a line of baking mixes, that were gluten free. My boyfriend and I picked up a box of the Bisquick pancake mix, and we made pancakes the next day. We made the pancakes, and sat down to eat. We were both surprised by how delicious it was. My boyfriend told me that the Bisquick gluten free pancake mix was better than regular pancake mix. Having pancakes or waffles has become our Sunday morning tradition. We both love this pancake mix

We have also tried the Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix. The cookies are delicious and simple to make.

Even with having Celiac disease, I don't have to miss out on delicious baked goods, especially when I use Betty Crocker baking mixes. It has made it easier, for those of us with Celiac disease, to blend in. Non-Celiacs even enjoy the gluten free baking mixes. They say that they hardly miss the gluten, and that they cannot even tell that it is gluten free.

I have just read an article that Betty Crocker is coming out with new mixes. There will now be a sugar cookie mix, and a rice flour blend mix, coming to a store near you! I love Betty Crocker!
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/betty-crocker-expands-gluten-free-offerings-giving-households-more-reasons-to-bake-family-favorites-2013-07-18

photo credit: http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/betty-crocker.jpg

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrities who have Celiac Disease

 Getting diagnosed with Celiac Disease can be pretty tough (believe me, I remember how hard it was for me). You may be the first among your family and/or friends that has been diagnosed as Celiac. It can be lonely (even though my grandmother had it, and I was partially raised by her, she had been gone for a few years when I was diagnosed. I had no one). What gave me some comfort was that I was not alone. Some of the celebrities I look up to were also Celiac Disease sufferers. People like Elizabeth Hasselbeck and Emmy Rossum had been living with the disease for years before I was diagnosed. I researched both and learned a lot from them. Also, learning that my first celeb crush has 2 Celiacs in his family really helped me feel less alone. Here is a list of celebs who have diagnosed Celiac Disease: Elizabeth Hasselbeck (public figure) Emmy Rossum (actress) Wil Wheaton's mom and sister Meg Cabot (author) Sarah Joy Brown (actress) Joe C (rapper who frequently performed with

South Park's Gluten-Free Ebola Episode

photo credit: southparkdigital Greetings Celiac Warriors! Recently, South Park did a gluten free episode that got a lot of attention in the gluten free and Celiac communities. For the most part, the reaction has been positive. Many folks, including myself, found it hilarious. You may be wondering what the episode was about. I'm going to give you the cliff notes version: The episode starts off with the kids returning to school after their start up company fails. Then the show cuts to the teachers lounge where the teachers are discussing Mr. Mackey who has gone gluten free. Mr. Mackey comes back and starts blaming all the world's problems on gluten. A co-worker becomes annoyed by all the gluten free talk and starts screaming at Mr. Mackey to shut up. Mackey states that behavior problems are due to gluten consumption. A female teacher expresses interest in going gluten free. Later on, the boys are on the radio promoting an "epic" party. Callers ask the boys i

Why we need more awareness about Celiac Disease.

Celiac Disease Awareness Month is here, and it is important that we continue to raise awareness in hopes it helps the rest of the world to take us seriously. This morning, I came across a heartbreaking story of a woman who died from complications of celiac disease. She had ignored her symptoms and didn't adhere to a GF diet. She, like all of us, ate wheat products for a portion of her life. Her body loved wheat. I mean, wheat products were yummy! When she was diagnosed with Celiac, not only was it during a time when gluten free food was very sparse, she had difficulty giving up what she loved: foods with wheat ingredients. She suffered the consequences of not adhering to a GF diet, as her liver gave out on her. She also had an enlarged stomach and had gained 30 pounds. She succumbed to her complications, and her daughter has spoken about her mother's health issues. She, like all of us, are hoping for more awareness to be raised. We as Celiacs need more support. All of